Professionally trained, qualified & UKCP registered (since 1993), and having been a couples counsellor, I work one-to-one as a counsellor and psychotherapist. My practice, in Wadebridge and in Truro, also includes clinical supervision for other counsellors and psychotherapists.
Since my retirement as an Osteopath in April 2015, I have expanded my practice of counselling and psychotherapy. What I offer incorporates brief, solution-focused approaches OR longer-term therapy for a more in-depth and insightful exploration of yourself and your situation in life.
I use one of the quiet rooms at Wadebridge Osteopaths (please let me know when making an initial appointment if you are unable to climb stairs). Clients come from all walks of life, with much variation in terms of ages, backgrounds and reasons for consulting me.
Here is a summary of what you as an individual client can expect:
- a safe, private and confidential space to be heard, to discuss, and to gain more understanding of feelings and experiences
- a therapeutic relationship which is non-judgemental, validating and of professional integrity, where you can bring all aspects of yourself with all your past experience and current concerns
- interpersonal support, and help with developing your capacity to self-support ( which may include more emotional expression OR more containment of feelings that would otherwise be unbearable or overwhelming)
- creative and constructive challenge and, when appropriate, the invitation to explore difficult or painful feelings, thoughts and bodily sensations. You may agree to be challenged in order perhaps to find more self-acceptance and to discover new ways of responding to others
- time to gain more awareness of yourself and your present day circumstances, so that you are empowered to see more choices for the future in your life and relationships
My experience as a counsellor and psychotherapist
Over the last 20 plus years I have provided counselling and psychotherapy for clients who have presented with issues in the following areas:
- LOSS AND TRAUMA: Bereavement (see FAQs), separation, relationship breakdown, childhood or recent abuse (sexual/emotional/physical), bullying
- WORK/CAREER: Stress and burn-out, communication problems, unfulfilled potential, redundancy
- RELATIONSHIPS: Conflict, loneliness, difficulty with intimacy, sexual concerns, problems with jealousy, parenting issues
- EXISTENTIAL CRISIS: Loss of or lack of meaning and purpose in life, mid-life crisis, cancer and terminal illness
- DEPRESSION: persistent low mood, lack of energy and motivation, general feelings of unhappiness
- ANXIETY: low confidence and self-esteem (see FAQs), mood swings, self-destructive behaviour, chronic stress
- ANGER MANAGEMENT: Rage, learning appropriate expression of anger, inability to express anger and to set boundaries
- OTHER ISSUES: Eating issues, panic attacks, confusion, sexuality, gender, self-image and identity, life change and personal development
You are welcome to contact me
The first step to finding out whether counselling/psychotherapy may be beneficial for you is to make contact for an initial consultation during which we would discuss the possibility and advisability of further sessions. I can give you an idea of what would be involved and what I consider may be achievable. Of course, you will be under no obligation or pressure to continue. Any communication between us will be treated as confidential.
The goal of your counselling/psychotherapy will be discussed at the outset, and be the subject of frequent review between us. The agreed aim will depend upon what you want as a desired outcome.
For more information about my qualifications and work experience generally, click here
The fee for a one hour session is £40 for individuals.
Thank you for visiting the Wadebridge Therapy [Counselling and Psychotherapy] website
Note: I also practice as a counsellor and psychotherapist in Lemon Street, Truro. For the Truro edition of this website: click here
As a clinical supervisor, my work is in private practice AND for the NHS; for more information about clinical supervision, see www.supervisioncornwall.co.uk
To visit the Wadebridge Osteopaths website, see www.wadebridgeosteopaths.co.uk